Thursday, May 27, 2010

Who Will Love Me As I Am?





This was an extra piece that we threw in so I could work on my belt. It is from Sideshow and is a duet by siamese twins. Belt has all the space of classical but tips beyond the precipice and borders on shouting. Needless to say, I tried to practice it when no one was home! My belt usually ends up being an ugly sounding mix more than anything else. The beginning sounds too pleasant for this piece and the end sounds strained. Those notes are not in the high part of my range, it is just a poor attempt at a good belt. If you would like an example of premium belting, listen to Barbara Streisand. I've heard her referred to as the last great belter. The best examples are her Broadway recordings, I'll post one of my favorites for you to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment