Friday, May 7, 2010

Preface

The next eight clips all have a few things in common, so I'll address those issues all at once so I am not repeating myself. These cover my work through the 2009-2010 school year. I consistently struggled with two problems: going sharp in my mix and going flat in my classical. I think that my sharp mix is resulting from too much air pressure. If I can learn to relax my air flow, I think that problem will be solved. My flat classical comes from resonance problems. I struggled to maintain the frontal resonance I use in my mix when I opened up to a classical shape in my mouth, which generally led to my classical dropping back into a 4 or 5 resonance space. Some of the exercises I am using to try to correct this problem are singing my classical pieces on an alternation between "ng" and "ah" in the hope that I will eventually be able to carry the frontal resonance I get on an "ng" into my "ah" and then into the actual words of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment